Saturday, July 26, 2008

one day in china

Just got back from a long day in Guangzhou, 3rd most populous city in China if you believe the rumours. The video below is mostly me pointing out the obvious...such as the sun...which does look different from China afterall (due to all the smog)



We found the subway station, my translator left me partway to my destination in order to catch her bus home, and I made a friend! The oddity of seeing another young foreigner on a Guangzhou subway was enough to merit a conversation, which led to a tour of a nearby park and brief stop at starbucks before boarding my train back to HK

(that's the tallest building in Guangzhou in the background)



Raul is from Ecuador and has been living in Guangzhou for about FIVE months studying mandarin and enjoying it (!!!) Considering that this is a place many models dread and which had been described to me previously as 'either the armpit or asshole of China, not sure which one...' I find that quite the feat...but then again, I thoroughly enjoyed my Guangzhou Experience as well.

No comments: