Wednesday, March 18, 2009

desert wednesday


I was unexpectedly given the day off today and set out to put it to use. Yoga, swimming, lounging in the sun! Then, after some poolside lunch, writing, and reading, I took off on one of the hotel's lender bikes for an hour-long exploration of the general area. I had no clue where I was going but managed to cover a bit of ground in all directions, sighting a lot of 'big box stores,' what appeared to be a wind-energy field (numerous large white windmills off on the horizon), vast expanses of desert, a chunk of suburbia, and a golf-course.

It was a wonderful and exhausting day (simply the heat alone is enough to fatigue anyone unaccustomed to the area's weather), and I am liable to fall completely asleep at any second. Call time: 6.30 a.m. tomorrow morning. Provided I'm not struck down by heatstroke, it should prove to be another blissful day. I'm beginning to notice a trend in the quality of the days which my life is comprised of. May the blissful wonderfulness continue!

No comments: