Tuesday, August 5, 2008

level 8

apparently the 'level 8' typhoon warning thingy means no going to work. For a workaholic such as myself, this was devestating news. At least I managed not to make the same mistake as last time, when I left the house early for work and was halfway there before I recieved the agency's 'typhoon signal 8. Pls stay indoor for safe' text message warning, and ended up walking home for 15 minutes in the storm because none of the buses were running...

Rather than risking it by venturing outside, where I spotted debris flying through the air at 6 am (woken for the millionth time as every window leaked rattled and clattered) I have resigned myself to galloping around the apartment in my new boots. Between the fringe and the simple black leatherness, I have determined them to be the perfect crossbreed between moccasins and black leather boots. I predict full satisfaction of winter footwear needs in the months of november and december, when I will emerge from the eternal sauna of Singapore and enter the fall/winter climate of...

T O K Y O
(http://www.bravomodels.net/)

Another adventure awaits!
...but for now I will have to settle for the company of my crossbreed boots and some damn good literature (James Joyce's A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, if what I'm currently reading, rather than the fact that I read, interests you).

No comments: